The Chamber Foundation of Effingham County will be accepting applications for their 2017 Chamber Foundation Community Scholarship Program until March 31st at 5:00pm. High school seniors and adults that are continuing their education will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship. Applicants must be affiliated with a Chamber member as an employee or the spouse or child of an employee/employer.
High School applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a 2017 High School Graduate who is an employee or family member of an employee/employer of a Chamber member business
- Must have a grade point average of C or above
- Must have a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, coach, administrator, employer, or clergy, as well as a copy of the student’s transcript, ACT/SAT scores, and class rank.
Adult applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be affiliated with a Chamber business member as an employee, employer, or family member of an employee/employer
- Must be age 18 or older
- Must enroll or be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or training school by Fall 2017
Scholarship applicants will also be asked to submit information of their educational and employment history and their involvement in community service. Adult applicants will also be required to provide a letter of recommendation from an employer, business associate, clergy, school administrator, or teacher. Additional requirements for the scholarship applicants are listed on the application forms.
Application forms are available from any Chamber member businesses that the applicant is affiliated with, high school and college counselors, the Chamber office at 903 N Keller Dr in Effingham, or the Chamber’s website.