Effingham County Jail – January 12, 2017:
- Aaron L. Hawley. of Iuka, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department and charged with Driving While Licence Revoked. Bond of $150 was posted.
- 25-year-old Kendrick R. Thomas, of Effingham, was arrested by the Effingham Police Department and charged with Domestic Battery.
- 29-year-old Tara N Hawns, of Newton, was arrested by the Effingham Police Department on a Jasper County warrant for Failure to Appear for Reckless Conduct.
January 9, 2017:
- At 8:02 A.M. at 2500 N. 3rd a semi driven by Troy S. West, 40, Tyler, TX, sideswiped a parked semi owned by Propel Trucking Inc., Russellville, AR. No injuries and no citations.
January 11, 2017:
- At 7:08 A.M. in the 2500th block of S. Raney a vehicle driven by Caleb C. Wohltman, 18, Watson, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Larry E. Mietzner, 62, Effingham. No injuries and no citations.
January 12, 2017:
- At 4:18 P.M. at the intersection of 3rd and the I70 EB/I57NB entrance ramp a semi driven by Eddie J. Gamble III, 29, Deerfield Beach, FL, attempted to complete a U-Turn. Gamble’s semi left the roadway and traveled down an embankment, causing damage to landscaping owned and maintained by IDOT. No injuries. Gamble was ticketed for Improper U-Turn.
- At 9:39 P.M. east of the intersection of Keller and Evergreen a vehicle driven by Darian R. McElroy, 15, Effingham, struck the curb, causing the vehicle to leave the roadway and strike and damage a cable barrier owned by the City of Effingham. No injuries and no citations.
January 12, 2017:
- Randall L. Kinsey, 40, Effingham
- No Valid Registration
- Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle
- Kendrick R. Thomas, 25, Decatur
- Interfering with Domestic Violence Report
- Terry J. Neal, 30, Effingham
- Driving While License Suspended
- Lance R. Garza, 32, Effingham
- Operating Vehicle with Suspended Registration