Effingham County Jail – January 5, 2016:
- 29-year-old Shane M. Haywood, of Effingham, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department and charged with Driving While Licence Suspended. Bond of $150 was posted.
- 34-year-old Michael W. Brussell, of Dieterich, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on an Cumberland County warrant for Failure to Appear on Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Methamphetamine Manufacturing Materials, Obstructing, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Bond of $325 was posted.
- 44-year-old Justin M. Damm,of Alsip, IL, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on Cook County warrant for Theft Control Intent $500<10K.
- 46-year-old Chad E. Perry, of Charleston, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department and charged with disorderly conduct.
- 24-year-old Nicholas E. Parker, of Altamont, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on a Fayette County warrant for Violation of Court/VOOP.
- 35-year-old Cody A Jones, of Farina, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on a Fayette County warrant for Failure to Appear for Leaving the Scene.
Effingham Police Department
January 5, 2017:
- At 7:30 A.M. north of the intersection of 3rd and Rickelman a vehicle driven by Lori A. Mette, 46, Teutopolis, lost control on the snow covered highway and left the roadway, striking a ditch. No injuries and no citations.
- At 8:41 A.M. at 2911 S. Banker a vehicle driven by Sean A. Moody, 29, Robinson, was unable to stop on the snow covered parking lot and struck a vehicle driven by Katrina M. Smith, 50, Effingham. No injuries. Moody was ticketed for Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle.
- At 12:06 P.M. east of the Salt Creek Bridge on E. Fayette a vehicle driven by Charles F. King, 79, Teutopolis, lost control on the snow covered highway and struck a vehicle driven by Patrick D. Mapes, 43, Effingham. Both drivers sustained injuries but refused treatment. King was ticketed for Improper Lane Usage.
- At 12:30 P.M. at the intersection of Evergreen and Martin a vehicle driven by Ashley J. Stodden, 22, Sigel, sideswiped a vehicle driven by Weston J. Peno, 23, Effingham. A metal fence located at 1003 W. Evergreen sustained damage during the accident. No injuries and no citations.
- A residential burglary occurred to an apartment at 514 Hendelmeyer between 9:00 A.M. 12/26/16 and 3:00 P.M. 1/4/17. Stolen were four DVDs valued at $25.00, a purse valued at $10.00, and various toiletries valued at $10.00. A door sustained $30.00 damage during the incident.