Effingham County Jail – November 29, 2016:
- 19-year-old Ashley N. Schaufler, of Teutopolis was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department and was charged with Contempt of Court for Failed Drug test. Bail of $350 was posted.
- 23-year-old Matthew J. Horne, of Effingham, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on an Effingham County Warrant for escape (failed to return for sentence).
- 29-year-old Ian M. Ringuette, of Effingham, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on an Effingham County Warrant for Failure to Appear for Possession of Cannabis under 2.5 grams.
Effingham Police Department:
November 29, 2016:
- At 7:15 A.M. at the intersection of Fayette and 4th a vehicle driven by Devin R. Falbe, 21, Effingham, turned in front of and was struck by a vehicle driven by Laura R. Mapes, 49, Neoga. The impact of the collision caused Falbe’s vehicle to spin around and strike a vehicle driven by Keiko M. Ripley, 41, Effingham. No injuries. Falbe was ticketed for Failure to Yield.
- At 10:27 A.M. at the intersection of Fayette and the Canadian National Railroad Underpass a vehicle driven by Jack W. Wiseman, 50, Effingham, rear-ended a vehicle driven by James E. Campe, 36, Altamont, causing Campe’s vehicle to rear-end a vehicle driven by Stacy J. Nelson, 30, Watson. No injuries. Wiseman was ticketed for Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident. Campe was ticketed for Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle.
- Retail theft occurred from Walmart, 1204 Ave of Mid America, on 11/28/16 at approximately 12:40 P.M. Nineteen items of merchandise valued at $3,354.17 were stolen.
- Retail theft occurred from Walmart, 1204 Ave of Mid America, on 11/28/16 at approximately 7:51 P.M. Twenty four items of merchandise valued at $281.68 were stolen.