Effingham County Jail – November 7, 2016:
- 30-year-old Christina D. Miller, of Sigel, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on an Effingham County Attachment for Contempt. Bail of $100 was posted.
- 32-year-old Jared L. DePoister, of Edgewood, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on an Effingham County Warrant for Failure to Appear/Pay for DUI/Alcohol.
- 50-year-old Clifford E. Summers. of Effingham, was arrested by the Effingham Police Department and charged with Pedestrian Under the Influence.
- 21-year-old Logan M. Eaton, of Greenup, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on a Jasper County Warrant for Burglary. Eaton was released to Jasper County Authorities.
- 30-year-old Lindsey Jo M. Graham, of Altamont, was arrested by the Altamont Police Department and charged with Theft under $500.
- 32-year-old Jordan D. Parker, of Neoga, was arrested by the Effingham County County Sheriff’s Department on an Effingham County Warrant Petition to Revoke for Domestic Battery/Contact/Prior.
Effingham Police Department:
November 7, 2016:
- At 9:27 A.M. south of the intersection of Rickelman and 3rd a vehicle driven by Deanna J. Allison, 63, Clay City, drove over the raised median and proceeded driving in the wrong lane of traffic, striking a semi-trailer driven by George H. Deters, 62, Effingham. Allison sustained injuries and was transported by ambulance to HSHS St. Anthony Memorial Hospital. Allison was ticketed for Driving In Wrong Lane.
- At 3:27 P.M. south of the intersection of Keller and Hampton, a vehicle driven by Adriana L. Kaufman, 21, Effingham, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Nancy J. Allen, 64, Newton, causing Allen’s vehicle to rear-end a vehicle driven by Nicholas K. Miller, 24, Effingham, causing Miller’s vehicle to rear-end a vehicle driven by Grover F. King, 69, West York. A vehicle driven by Candice D. Higgs, 41, Watson, then rear-ended Kaufman’s vehicle. Kaufman sustained injuries but refused treatment. No citations.
- Burglary from a storage shed occurred at Hendelmeyer Park, 1906 S. 4th, between 4:00 P.M. 11/06/16 and 8:15 A.M. 11/7/16. White chalk spray paint was stolen, which was then used to spray random graffiti on trees, electrical posts, tennis court backdrop, softball dugout and press box. The amount of damage is undetermined at this time.