Effingham County Jail – 10/04/16:
- 43-year-old Stacy R. Tolen, of Stewardson, was arrested by the Coles County Sheriff’s Office on an Effingham County Warrant for forgery.
- 23-year-old Melvin L. Fouch was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Office for a Jackson County Warrant for Speeding. Bail of $575 was posted.
- 33-year-old Michael D. White, of Herrick, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Office on an Effingham County DUI Warrant. Bail of $500 was posted.
- 32-year-old Jason J. Carpenter, of Effingham, was arrested by the Effingham Police Department for and charged with Disorderly Conduct. Bail of $150 was posted.
- 54-year-old Brian W. Wenthe, of Watson, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Office and charged with Driving While Licence Revoked.
- 35-year-old Joshua D. Culp, of Mattoon, was arrested the Effingham County Sheriff’s Office on an Effingham County Warrant for Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle.
- 50-year-old William A. Oden, Effingham, was arrested by the Illinois State Police and charged with Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Effingham Police Department:
October 3, 2016
- At 9:01 A.M. at the intersection of 4th and Eiche a vehicle driven by Joseph A. Meister, 34, Olney, struck a vehicle driven by Douglas M. Buening, 57, Beecher City. Meister sustained injuries and was transported by ambulance to HSHS St. Anthony Memorial Hospital. Meister was ticketed for Defective or No Brakes and Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle.
- At 5:08 P.M. at the intersection of Banker and Wabash a vehicle driven by Linda C. Blake-Miller, 41, Effingham, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Kari E. Rogers, 40, Sullivan. No injuries and no citations.
October 4, 2016
- At 10:21 A.M. at the intersection of Keller and W. Evergreen a vehicle driven by Angela K. Tkachuk, 45, Altamont, struck and damaged an IDOT sign and post. No injuries and no citations.
A residential burglary occurred in the 2500th block of N. Raney on 10/3/16 between 11:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M. Stolen was a laptop computer valued at $1,300.00, an IPad valued at $650.00, a laptop computer valued at $700.00, a watch valued at $350.00, a wedding band valued at $500.00, a wedding ring valued at $1,300.00, a debit card and a checkbook.