Effingham County Health Department Employees Judy Bierman and Crystal Schutzbach were recognized for their 25 years of service by County Board Chairmen Jim Niemann at the board meeting on Monday. The Board voted unanimously for both Bierman and Schutzbach to be recognized for their service to the county.
The Board also voted to make a $3000 donation to the Effingham County Fair. The funds for the donation will be taken from the Hotel-Motel Tax Fund.
Additionally, the board approved a budget of $94,000 for the University of Illinois Extension. The new budget was approximately the same as last year’s for the Extension.
Effingham County Public Transportation also requested that the board allow them to apply for a federal Title XX grant. The grant would allow the department to continue to expand their community services. The board voted to allow them to apply for the grant.
Additionally, the board made several new appointments:
- Farmland Assessment – Joe Thoele (7/1/2016-6/30/2019)
- Airport Commission – Phil Toops (7/1/2016-6/30/2019)
- 911 Board – Larry Thies (Public Safety) (7/1/2016-6/30/2019); 911 Board Johnathan Paholke (Public Safety) (7/1/2016-6/30/2019)
- 911 Board – (Community-at-large) Julie Stephens & Cody Hartke (7/1/2016-6/30/2018)
- 911 Board – (Community-at-large) Wayne Rubach replacing Ted Heath (6/20/2016-5/31/2018)
- 377 Board Fred Bray (7/1/2016-6/30/2019)
- 708 Board Gail Garbe & Betsy D. Scott (7/1/2016-6/30/2019)
- Housing Authority – Karen Mahaffey & Billy Genaust (7/1/2016-6/30/2018)
- Board of Health – Dr. Michael R. Williamson replacing Ted Heath (7/1/2016-6/30/2017)