At Monday’s meeting, The Legislative/Personnel Committee of the Whole voted to table further discussion on when to pay an $10,415 invoice from the Law Firm Hesse Martone. According to Committee Chairman Jim Niemann, the firm represents the county in labor negotiations. The invoice from Hesse Martone is for representing the board in an arbitration decision with two FOP Unions.
The committee decided to table the decision until next month to wait for a result from the arbitration. Niemann said that doing so would allow the county get a better idea of what the arbitration will cost the county.
The next discussion on the invoice will likely occur at July’s Tax and Finance Committee meeting. Additionally in new business, the Committee voted to reaffirm “In God We Trust” as the Official Motto of of the United States.
The Committee also voted on whether to recommend various committee appointments to next Monday’s County Board.
- Joe Thoele was recommended for the Farmland Assessment Board for a three year-term (7/01/2016-06/30/2019).
- Phil Toops was recommended for the Airport Commission for a three year-term (7/01/2016-6/30/2019).
- Larry Thies and Jonathan Paholke were recommended for Public Safety Posts on the 911 for three-year terms (7/01/2016-6/30/2019).
- Julie Stephens was recommended for a Community-at-Large Post on the 911 Board for a two-year term (7/01/2019-06/30/2018)
- Karen Mahaffey and Billy Genaust were recommended for the Housing Authority Board for two-year terms (7/01/2016-6/30/2018).
The Committee also decided to move the Employee/Volunteer Appreciation Party to Friday, September 9, 2016.