Illinois State Police District 12 has released enforcement figures from last month’s special Traffic Enforcement Patrols (sTEP) in Effingham and Fayette Counties. The sTEP program includes increased enforcement and community education to help inform Illinois residents about how to comply with traffic laws. May’s patrols focused on speeding, failure to wear a seat belt, and DUI in areas with the highest rate of violations.
- Occupant restraint citations – 13
- Driving under the influence arrests – 0
- Drug/alcohol-related arrests – 0
- Speeding citations – 36
- Speeding written warnings – 3
- Total citations/arrests – 54
- Total written warnings – 13
The project was funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Safety.