Mike & Mike, ESPN Radio’s weekday morning show (6 – 10 a.m. ET) hosted by Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic, will debut an enhanced studio set on Monday, February 8. First Take moderator Molly Qerim will officially join the show that day, and for the last two hours (8-10am) will present a variety of content including news and breaking news updates and the hottest trending topics on the sports social media scene.
The updated approximately 1,700-square-foot space features several enhancements including:
– A 270-degree desk, which will allow for more personal, face-to-face conversation between Greenberg and Golic and their guests;
– A 9.5-feet-by-8-feet feature wall that will feature the new magazine-inspired graphics package;
– A behind-the-scenes live social integration space that will enable the show’s research team to easily cue up live social posts;
– An playback device that gives Greenberg and Golic the ability to trigger their own soundbites from the host desk.
– A touchscreen monitor for select segments;
– A floor-to-ceiling bobblehead display of the show’s iconic collection, previously located on the Mike & Mike desk, set in a wall behind the new desk that includes 72 figurines.
In addition, the show will debut a new theme, which was created by Man Made Music in coordination with ESPN. Mirroring the outspoken nature of the show’s two hosts, it juxtaposes the show’s new magazine-inspired graphics package with an infectious groove and a live pop horn section.
Debut Week Guests
Mike & Mike will kick off the studio unveiling with special guests through the week (February 8 – 12), including Houston Texans head coach Bill O’Brien (Monday) and running back Arian Foster (Tuesday); NBA Hall of Famer Magic Johnson (Tuesday); and former NFLers Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens (Wednesday). Additional guests will be announced later.