Lake Land College is hosting regional FAFSA Completion Nights to help students with 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
“It is critical to have students apply for financial aid early each and every year,” said Danielle Downs, advisor for Lake Land College financial aid and veterans services. “Once state and federal funding runs out, its gone. By getting a head start on the application process, students can get priority funding and make better decisions on how to plan for their education.”
Participants of any of the FAFSA Completion Nights need to bring the following:
– A copy of the student’s and parent’s 2015 federal tax return and all W-2’s (if filing). If 2015 information is unavailable, tax information can be estimated using info from 2014;
– 2015 asset and investment information for the student and parent;
– A Federal Student Aid FSA ID for the student and one parent that should be applied for ahead of time at www.fsaid.ed.gov;
– A printed copy of the 2016-2017 FAFSA worksheet that is available at www.fafsa.gov.
Students who attend are encouraged to fill out the printed 2016-2017 FAFSA worksheet as much as possible before the meeting. All students and parents are encouraged to attend. Help is not limited to Lake Land College students.
The list of FAFSA Completion Nights held at Lake Land College facilities is as follows:
– Wednesday, January 20 at the Kluthe Center for Higher Education and Technology at 1204 Network Centre Boulevard in Effingham from 6:00pm-8:00pm.
– Tuesday, January 26 at the Eastern Region Center at 224 South Sixth Street in Marshall from 6:00-8:00pm.
– Thursday, February 4 at Lake Land College’s Webb Hall at 5001 Lake Land Boulevard in Mattoon from 5:00-7:00pm.
– Tuesday, February 9 at the Western Region Center at 600 East First Street in Pana from 6:00-8:00pm.
More information about Lake Land College’s financial aid office is available at 217-234-5231 or online at http://www.lakelandcollege.edu/ss/fa/fafsacompletion.cfm.