The heart of a two-year-old boy from Brentwood, Tennessee who died in December was used to save the life of an 18-month-old Chicago girl.
Jamie and Daniel Heard, the parents of 2-year-old William Heard, chose to donate their sons organs after he choked on his food and never regained consciousness while being watched by a nanny. 18-month-old Ava Martin, who was suffering from heart failure, received William’s heart, saving her life. Ava is currently receiving follow up treatments for the transplant.
More information is available here.